Being together is a wonderful feeling if you are with the right person/people. Living with the right kind of people is extremely important. The routine, the grind gets much simpler and doesn’t feel like a GRIND if you are with someone who understands you.
Today’s apprentisage (learning) from Questy Musings is how to make life easy for yourself if you have to live with the people you do not get along with. They could be your room mate, your in-laws, your relatives who come on a long visit, anyone.
- You do what you have to do. Do not compromise ALWAYS. (Once in a while is fine)
- Keep your priorities very clear.
- Stick to your timings, don’t alter your timings to ADJUST to someone else’s timings. Once people know you can move, each time you will be requested.
- Define tasks at home.
- Delegate tasks if needed to youngsters at home.
- There is no need for detailed explanation on your time of arrival. Give an approximate time, do call/message if you are late, of course due to office meetings or traffic. Do get something(food) to make up if you have been really late. It peps up the ambience.
- I don’t mean that you have to be very rigid, but in my experience, don’t be the one who always puts others first. You will be losing out on personal tasks, jobs, and it will stress you out at a later point in your life.
Those who feel satisfied with their personal lives are more satisfied with their careers and perform better.
– Michael Hyatt
I am taking my Alexa Rank to the next level with Blogchatter. #MyFriendAlexa
Disclaimer: I am not inducing arguements at home. If you are happy adjusting, do it. Don’t crib later about sacrificing for the family. The choice is yours.